Yes, there are two shipping stages!
1) The first is paid directly by you when you ship it to our confirmation location (where we confirm that the contents are as described). We highly recommend choosing certified mail which will guarantee to all parties that the items were shipped and received.
2) The second is paid when you initially register for the service.
The shipping options are (in order of preference):
(1) $9.00 – USPS Priority Mail Certified with a receipt This is the most secure mode, because it will guarantee to all parties that the items were shipped and received.
(2) $0 – Hand Deliver to Venice, Ca 90291. You will also need to come pick up your new weekend passes when they are ready.
(3) $7.00 – USPS Priority Mail requiring a signature upon delivery
(4) $4.90 – USPS Priority Mail
NOTE: The following was stated in the user agreement, but since no one reads those we will repeat it here: if you do not choose the Certified Mail method you cannot claim that you did not receive your items. We are outright saying we cannot take responsibility because there is no way to confirm on our side that you actually received or sent the package.
Yes, you are refunded the amount you paid minus the non-refundable 31 cent service fee charged by PayPal.
There is a $20 service fee for each person.
Group: $20 x # of people
Consolidated: $20 x # max possible people switched **
Each person has the ability to switch also switch any of the other non-admission passes (1 per pass type) free of charge. If a person tries to trade more than one of the same pass type, then the system will assume there is another person and charge accordingly.
As an example, if a group of 4 people want to switch 4 General Admission passes from weekend 1 to weekend 2, and they have 4 shuttle passes, 4 car camping passes, 4 camping passes, and 4 car companion parking passes, they can switch all of them for $80. However, if they try to trade 5 camping passes, the charge will be $100
** The consolidated switch does not have an assured weekend direction, so the initial charge is for the direction that results in the most people switching. If the matching process results in having the switch direction as the direction with less people switching, then the difference will be refunded.
If you and/or a group of friends want to switch weekends or all consolidate to the same Coachella weekend, then switchyourtix.com will help you meet that desire. In using this service you have the peace of mind that:
- You can do it with the comfort of knowing that if you do not get matched that you will get refunded.
- The entire transaction process is designed to prevent fraud so that you can feel comfortable about getting a valid ticket (see the FAQ on How do I know the service is safe?).
You should let all your friends know about this service via email, Facebook, text message, Google+, blog, Twitter, etc.
What we Guarantee:
We guarantee that we will do everything as described on the site.
We guarantee that if you choose the “Consolidate” service that we will be able to MATCH your group together on one of the weekends!
We guarantee that if you register for a service, the odds of us finding you a match will increase as more people register after you. That means, you need to let all your friends know about this service via facebook or other DIRECT social platforms (See FAQ on How to Inform Friends).
What we CANNOT Guarantee:
We CANNOT guarantee that we will find you a match if you are not using the “Consolidate” service. We can only match as many people as we have registered and there is bound to be someone who loses out. HOWEVER, this is a first come first serve service, so you will increase your chances of finding a match if you let people know about switchyourtix.com.
We CANNOT guarantee that that there will not be fraud. However, this is very unlikely given all of the steps we have taken to reduce the chances of fraud (see the FAQ on “How do I know this service is safe?“) which make this service safer from fraud than any other switching mechanism we have found.
YES!! If you register for a service, the odds of us finding you a match will increase as more people register after you because this is a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE matching system. You should let people know about this service through social network like Facebook and Twitter (see the How to let People Know FAQ).
The entire transaction process is designed to prevent fraud.
- We personally check every ticket to inspect its validity.
- We also check all wristband RFID’s with the official Coachella webpage to confirm that you are receiving an authentic wristband.
- Knowledge of the site should only be transmitted via friends. Thus, you should only be dealing with friends of friends times a couple of very important degrees (Don’t worry, we aren’t friends with Kevin Bacon).
- Registration requires many pieces if information to ensure the validity of a person.
- The service fee & shipping costs are a deterrent to anyone trying to be sketchy.
- There is very little time to create a fake wristband because the tickets need to be mailed in quickly in order to secure the spot in the match.
- Algorithms are in place to analyze for possible fraud.
All of these factors drastically increase the safety of making a weekend switch. However, because we are not charging very much for the service fees, we cannot be liable for providing a %100 guarantee that somehow someone will figure out a way to break the system.
No, if there is not someone in the other queue at the same position as you, then there is no ticket to be switched. If that occurs, you will be unable to switch weekends.
No! This is a weekend switch only!